This is a 1984 BMW R100RS for sale in Fort Worth, Texas.
This bike was purchased from a seller in Louisiana in 2016 and immediately underwent an extensive frame-off restoration at Perry's Motorcycles and Sidecars in Fort Worth and completed in September of 2017. Over $10,000 was spent in the restoration where this bike was taken down to the crank-shaft and brought back to like-new condition. It is really impressive to see and ride and you'll even notice new BMW badging and placards throughout.
The bike has not been ridden very much since coming out of the restoration but has been maintained and serviced annually. It is a blast to ride and will be missed by my family but it is time to go to a new owner that will appreciate and enjoy it for the machine it is. If you've ever wanted to take an old BMW on a cross-country tour this could be the bike for you. Feel free to reach out to me through an eBay message if you would like any more information, pictures, or to meet to see it in person. Please see my youtube video of the walk around and start-up demonstration at the link below.
Items to note:
- All original 1984 BMW R100RS that was restored in 2017 with all of the original parts.
- 44,790 original miles on the 2-cylinder, 980cc boxer engine
- 5-speed transmission
- Front fairing is excellent for high-speed touring and is iconic in the history of BMW motorcycles
- All lights, turn signals, and switches work
- Original panniers with working locks and keys included with sale
- Locking gas cap
- Chrome and paint in excellent condition
- New hoses, seals and tires in restoration and no existing oil leaks or drips
- Seat in excellent condition
- Original Aluminum cast "Snowflake" wheels are like new
- Bike has been ridden lightly but regularly since the restoration with no maintenance issues